The Regional Manager position for the Sporting Goods and Law Enforcement Division is responsible for driving sales in his/her area of responsibility that contribute to sales plan. Additionally, this role is responsible for maintaining distributor and rep agency relationships in their area. The role will also be asked to provide input into the annual forecasting and planning process for the Division. The successful candidate must live in the Midwest and will cover the states of OH, IN, MI, IL, IA, NE, WI, MN, ND and SD.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Regional Manager position for the Sporting Goods/Law Enforcement Division is responsible for driving sales in his/her area of responsibility that contribute to the Division meeting its annual sales plan.
- Work with Rep Agencies to grow Streamlight sales and market share with distributor network in respective territories.
- Manage Rep Agency relationships to maximize coverage and annual performance.
- Manage programs/promos through distribution network. Track market pricing conditions and competitive distribution programs and provide information to Streamlight Corporate to help improve our programs.
- Work with Director on providing input info annually for Operating Plan and Forecasting process.
- Provide input based on market knowledge and customer needs for the new product development process.
- Use Salesforce to help manage tasks and relationships with prospective, new and existing customers/distributors.
- Engage in customer satisfaction/customer loyalty activities where necessary to assure a high level of customer satisfaction.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Education requirements:
- 5+ years experience in dealer/distributor sales, preferably in sporting goods/law enforcement or related market
- Proven ability to problem solve, negotiate and create sales opportunities
- Proven ability to achieve established sales goals while maintaining profitability
- Proven leadership skills as well as ability to be a team player
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Approximately 60% travel