The National Account Manager position for the Industrial Division is responsible for driving sales in his/her area of responsibility that contribute to the sales plan. Additionally, this role is responsible for developing, fostering and maintaining relationships interfacing with key national distributor accounts. The role will also be asked to provide input into the annual forecasting and planning process for the division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The National Account Manager position for the Industrial Division is responsible for driving sales in his/her area of responsibility that contribute to the division meeting its annual sales plan.
- Must be a master at relationship building and peer networking.
- Assume the leadership role in managing individual national account development and coordinate communication, goals, expectations and execution with all departments and individuals within division including regional/territory sales managers and manufacturer rep. agencies.
- Manage programs/promos through regional/territory managers, manufacturer rep. agencies and distribution network.
- Track market pricing conditions and competitive distribution programs and provide information to director to help improve our programs.
- Work with director on providing input annually for operating plan and forecasting process.
- Provide input based on market knowledge and customer needs for the new product development process.
- Manage customer/distributor information based on available tools and update consistently.
- Engage in customer satisfaction/customer loyalty activities where necessary to assure a high level of customer satisfaction
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Education requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in channel sales and business development with successful results.
- Completed professional sales training and leadership courses.
- Relationship building and networking skills (both internal and external to the organization).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to problem solve, negotiate and create sales opportunities.
- Proven ability to achieve established sales goals while maintaining profitability.
- Proven leadership skills as well as ability to be a team player.
- Basic business computer skills (Word Perfect, Excel, Power Point, E-mail, etc.).
- Approx. 50% travel.