Position Description: The Regional Manager position is responsible for driving sales in his/her area of responsibility that contribute to the sales plan. Additionally, this role is responsible for working with independent sales representatives and distributors with an emphasis on end user activity to increase revenues and market penetration within their designated territory. The role will also be asked to provide input into the annual forecasting and planning process for the division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The regional manager position is responsible for driving sales in his/her area of responsibility that contribute to the division meeting its annual sales plan.
- Work with manufacturer rep. agencies and distributor network to grow Streamlight sales and market share within respective territory.
- Provide a sound, progressive distribution system within designated territory that will ensure fulfillment of long range corporate sales goals.
- Increase market penetration and market share in designated territory and market segments through end-user focused sales strategies.
- Support national account initiatives within designated territory.
- Possess product knowledge (features/benefits) on both Streamlight and competitor product offerings.
- Manage programs/promos with mfg. reps. and distribution network.
- Track market pricing conditions and competitive distribution programs and provide information to regional manager/director to help improve our programs.
- Work with national sales manager and/or director on providing input annually for operating plan and forecasting process.
- Provide input based on market knowledge and customer needs for the new product development process.
- Manage customer/distributor information based on available tools and update consistently.
- Engage in customer satisfaction/customer loyalty activities where necessary to assure a high level of customer satisfaction.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Education requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in sales with successful results.
- Completed professional sales training.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to problem solve, negotiate and create sales opportunities.
- Proven ability to achieve established sales goals while maintaining profitability.
- Proven leadership skills as well as ability to be a team player.
- Basic business computer skills (Word Perfect, Excel, Power Point, E-mail, etc.).
- Approx. 50% travel.