The Material Handler position is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the company’s physical inventory, supply the Production cells and locate raw materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Store and locate inventory in the warehouse and at the production cells.
- Consolidate all stored material wherever possible.
- Perform accurate location transactions using the hand held scanner.
- Verify that the goods listed on the location report are located in the areas specified.
- Verify quantity on hand at each location corresponds with the database.
- Check packaging to ensure that the vendor is listing the correct part number and carton on each carton.
- Notify supervisor of any discrepancies.
- Perform assignments requested by Supervisor on an as needed basis.
- Responsible for keeping a clean and neat work area.
- Serve as a back up for the Receiving function as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Education requirements:
Qualified candidate must be computer literate, have good communication skills and be detail oriented. Must be able to stand for 8 hours and lift 50 pounds. Must be able to operate a motorized pallet jack and forklift truck (specifically a Drexel Swing Mast). Previous warehouse experience required. A valid PA driver’s license preferred.