The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for completing a variety of tasks to support the daily operations of the HR department.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles inquires and provides support to employees on various HR-related topics and resolves any issues that may arise.
- Assists with the day-to-day administrative duties of the HR Department.
- Administers new employee onboarding including scheduling pre-employment physicals/drug screens, running background checks and processing new hire paperwork.
- Coordinates open enrollments, changes, and training for employee benefits programs.
- Assists Director of HR with Property & Casualty insurance claims and administration.
- Assists HR Director and department managers with injury reports and Workers’ Compensation claims and maintains OHSA 300 log.
- Assists HR Recruiter with hiring non-exempt manufacturing positions including advertising, screening resumes and pre-employment testing.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources, manages the Learning Management System.
- With management’s assistance, performs company-wide needs assessment to identify skills or knowledge gaps that need addressed. Creates training schedules for all departments, tracks and creates reports on outcomes of completed training and maintains training records for the company.
- Maintains late policy and unscheduled PTO reports. Notifies supervisors on a biweekly basis regarding their employee(s) late arrivals and/or unscheduled PTO totals.
- Keeps Safety bulletin boards and HR TVs up to date.
- Reconciles monthly medical and dental insurance invoices.
- Runs ad hoc reports related to HR metrics in ADP Workforce Now.
- Research topics to bring the best HR practices.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates various activities throughout the year to assist with employee teambuilding, engagement, and enthusiasm.
- Helps monitor the organization’s culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by Director.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in a Human Resources function.
- 1-3 years of experience with ADP Workforce Now including benefits enrollment management, time and labor management, and analytics.
- 1-3 years of experience with Property and Casualty Insurance administration.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook). Ability to create and maintain advanced level reports and excel spreadsheets and learn new technical systems when necessary.
- Ability to treat all information as confidential. Demonstrated history of establishing trust, and credibility.
- Organized and accurate with strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to successfully communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work effectively and efficiently in a dynamic, demanding work environment.