The Quality Assurance Associate will act as a resource person for manufacturing work instructions, quality procedures, standards, quantitative quality assurance data analysis, and product reliability. Will also strive for continuous improvement as it relates to quality, reliability and customer satisfaction.
The Quality Assurance Associate will assist with:
- Maintaining all aspects of the Quality Management System and act as interface between Engineering, Manufacturing, Materials and Quality.
- Planning and coordinating Quality activities designed to ensure continuous improvement consistent with established QMS standards.
- Coordination of the auditing processes to help continuously maintain the ISO 9001 QMS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Quality Management System (QMS)
- Assist in tracking and monitoring performance of QMS.
- Assist in monitoring the Quality Manual, ensuring that it accurately reflects current quality policy and practices.
- Track QMS performance against established quality objectives.
- Maintain QMS Action Plan for ISO 9001 as directed.
- Perform Quality System Audits.
- Assist in QMS re-certification audits.
- Perform supplier quality audits as needed.
- Recommend remedial (corrective and preventive) changes and improvements to product quality and processes.
- Assist in the completion of corrective action tasks.
- Assist with planning and coordination of Quality activities designed to ensure continuous improvement of products and processes consistent with established specifications and standards.
- Document control activities including document change control, revisions, dates, signatures, etc.
Quality Department/Technical Duties
- Liaise with Engineering, Design, Materials, Manufacturing and any other department to ensure quality requirements are clearly identified.
- Assist quality personnel engaged in inspection and testing activities.
- Assist in the development and use of inspection equipment with quality inspectors.
- Interpret product specs to facilitate quality processes.
- Provide technical assistance to employees engaged in quality department activities.
- Write corrective and preventive action requests and responses as required.
- Prepare supplier quality inspection instructions.
- Coordinate supplier test box activities with engineering, purchasing and quality.
- ISO document control
- Assist in the evaluation of manufacturing processes, vendors and suppliers in regard to quality.
- Formulate and maintain quality control objectives and coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant supervisors to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Evaluate and recommend equipment with regard to quality improvements as needed.
- Review and recommend standard operational and working practices and observe to ensure compliance with quality objectives.
- Plan, promote and organize training activities related to product quality and assurance.
Knowledge, Experience and Education requirements:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s Degree in a technical field with 3-5 years related experience.
- ASQ CQE certification preferred.
- Familiar with Process Improvement processes.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering and quality documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, bill of materials and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, suppliers or employees. Fluent in English and Mandarin a plus.
- Good mathematical skills a must.
- Familiar with probability and statistics to interpret and prepare graphs and charts.
- Ability to carry out written and oral instructions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deal with problems.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to use PC, a variety of inspection tools including digital calipers, micrometers, height gages, comparator, etc.
- Ability to interpret mechanical diagrams and electrical schematics.
- Familiar with MS Windows/Office
- Familiar with MRP systems
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Works well with others.
Some travel will be required to perform various Quality Assurance functions including:
- Vendor evaluations
- Quality Audits
- International product supplier quality assessments and continual improvements