The Electronics Engineer position is responsible for developing electronic circuits and embedded firmware for new products and modifications to existing products.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops electronic circuits for new products and modifications to existing products, including specifying component manufacturers, values and tolerances.
- Creates and maintains embedded firmware for a variety of microcontrollers.
- Researches and sources methods, materials, and vendors as required.
- Directs, coordinates, and participates in building and testing of prototypes.
- Develops and applies test procedures for performance, and conducts suitability for purpose evaluations.
- Participates in formulation of Quality Plan, and helps quality personnel with first production sample inspection.
- Assists with initial production line start-up and provides support as needed.
- Cooperates with production in development of efficient assembly procedures.
- Provides support and guidance to other departmental personnel as needed.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated work performance in product circuit design.
- 5 years of professional engineering experience in embedded C programming.
- High degree of ingenuity and skilled in the design, prototyping and testing of small analog, digital and microprocessor based circuits, such as low power switch-mode voltage and current regulators, in thru-hole and surface mount assemblies.
- Ability to work from rough sketches and oral instructions, often with only tentative guidance available.
- Proficient in the use of application software and associated hardware relating to PCB layout and microprocessor firmware development.
- Knowledge of proper use of laboratory equipment such as oscilloscope, data acquisition equipment, thermocouples and power supplies for testing and evaluation of electronic circuitry.
- Must understand fundamental business and economic principles and have good judgment in their application.