The Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Project Manager — U.S. is responsible for supervising all phases of development of assigned projects as well as overseeing daily work activities of assigned personnel.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs/assigns work activity for multiple assigned products to meet project deadlines and provides guidance and technical expertise.
- Coordinates with Mechanical Project Supervisor, Electrical Manager and Product Management to ensure all project milestones are met.
- Maintains project spreadsheets and verifies product ISO records.
- Conducts yearly performance reviews for direct reports.
- Disseminates product information to other departments and coordinates with same to ensure timely realization of all product requirements across the organization.
- Researches and sources methods, materials, and vendors as required.
- Directs, coordinates, and participates in building and testing of prototypes.
- Develops and applies test procedures for performance, and conducts suitability for purpose evaluations.
- Participates in formulation of Quality Plan, and helps quality personnel with first production sample inspection.
- Assists with initial production line start-up and provides support as needed.
- Cooperates with production in development of efficient assembly procedures.
- Provides support and guidance to other departmental personnel as needed.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
- Previous management experience required.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required, with advanced knowledge and skill in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5 years of proven Product Management experience with cross-functional skills in mechanical, electronic, and small mechanism design, logistics management, and manufacturing economics.
- Previous experience with simultaneous management of multiple products.
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely in grammatically correct written and spoken English.
- High degree of ingenuity, understanding of spatial relationships, and sense of proportion.
- Ability to work from rough sketches and oral instructions, often with only tentative guidance available.
- Ability to perform any necessary calculations using engineering mathematics.
- Knowledge of properties and applications of materials, familiarity with machining, injection molding, stamping, and related processes.
- Ability to use measuring tools.
- Advanced understanding of electrical principles preferred.
- Demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
- ISO 9001:2015 experience.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must understand fundamental business and economic principles and have good judgment in their application.