The QC Inspector will be responsible for the receiving inspection of parts and assemblies and will perform in-process inspections in production cells as needed. CMM experience and Certifications in Quality Inspection and/or ASQ strongly preferred. Technical degree a plus.
- Responsible for the receiving inspection of parts and assemblies.
- Perform in-process inspections in production cells as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and monitor the quality of incoming parts and assemblies from suppliers.
- Utilize basic measuring instruments including micrometers, calipers, pin gages, and other standardized gages to inspect incoming parts.
- Read and follow written instructions, engineering drawings, schematics and related documentation.
- Maintain detailed inspection records.
- Regularly required to move about the facility.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Prepare various reports as needed to be used by Engineering, Production and Materials departments.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Education requirements:
- Relevant work experience and/or training in quality control inspection or similar related responsibilities in a manufacturing environment.
- CMM experience a plus.
- Certifications in Quality Inspection, relevant ASQ areas and/or technical degree a plus.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Familiar with ISO procedures.
- Competent with MS Office and job specific software.
- Ability to maintain a positive, constructive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills as well as interpersonal aptitude needed.
- High degree of reliability, accuracy and integrity.
- Able to perform basic math functions