The Receiver position is responsible for the daily functions of the Receiving Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive material via truck ,van, UPS, & other couriers by use of a hand held scanner.
- Unload vehicles and skid product as necessary.
- Check vendor packing slips against receipt for correct parts, counts and damaged goods.
- Weigh parts when necessary for proper counts.
- Notify supervisor prior to signing off on goods that are received damaged.
- Complete a non-conformance sheet for any issues with regard to packaging or paperwork.
- Move material requiring inspection to the Inspection area or non-inspected material to the
material handling area for locating.
- Perform assignments requested by Supervisor on an as needed basis.
- Responsible for keeping a clean and neat work area.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Education requirements:
Must have minimal computer skills. Must have valid PA Drivers license with clean driving record. Must be able to stand for 8 hours and lift 50 pounds. Must be able to operate a motorized pallet jack and forklift truck.