Streamlight, Inc. is looking for an undergraduate student in the local area who is majoring in sales, marketing, or advertising. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with extensive knowledge of the Web and social media. A working knowledge of Word and Excel programs is necessary and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
The internship program has three major objectives:
(1) To create a remarkable learning and professional experience for interns.
(2) To ensure that interns experience the benefits of working in their related field with practical hands-on learning experience where they will be directly involved in the work.
(3) To provide interns the opportunity to work with multiple departments and managers as well as independently cultivating their skill sets and providing a life long learning experience within a 21st century company.
The sales/marketing intern position is responsible for the coordination of content management activities related to the Streamlight brand within on-line catalogs and websites and to assist in the coordination of trade show activity, co-op advertising and other marketing department activities.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work under the direction of the directors and channels specialists to align and update on-line catalog and Web content ensuring consistent and up-to-date branded communications are produced through on-line catalogs and websites.
- Seek and analyze materials necessary to conduct proper analysis of catalog pages and websites through the proofing of product features, benefits, images, patents, and legal copy recommending changes, additions, or deletions to pages.
- Prepare and disseminate content changes in a consistent and professional manner to appropriate managers and/or distributors providing supportive images, material, etc., as deemed necessary and prudent.
- Other tasks and projects as deemed appropriate to facilitate content management of large regional and national distributor’s product portfolios.
- Work under the direction of the Marketing Communications Manager to assist in theadministration of trade show logistics for national and international trade show schedule
- Administer company advertising allowance program through by reviewing and processing co-op advertising claims.
- Work with marketing department in other areas as required, such as reviewing and proofreading marketing materials for public relations, packaging and printing.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Education Requirements:
- Sophomore, junior, or senior level pursuing a BS/BA degree in business administration, sales or marketing field.
- At least a 3.0 GPA
- Organizational skills:must be very detail oriented, accurate and organized.
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Interpersonal skills:ability to work effectively with all organizational levels.
- Communication skills:strong ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Proficient with Excel/Word, Web, social media
Salary: This is a paid position.